7 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2015 7:53 AM by Terry Kasuboski

Solidworks 2015 sp2.1  no crashes!!

Peter Farnham

Just really got started to using Solidworks 2015 sp2.1 on a test Laptop and I am impressed so far, not one crash since installed 21/3/2015!

I only noticed this as I had a crash as work, 2014 sp5, due to the document information still having the massive memory leak which eats all available memory 24GB!! and locks the pc up.

I then realized that my laptop hadn't crashed yet! :)

I haven't tried the document information on the laptop connected to the domain yet to see if this issue has been fixed, hopefully tomorrow.

But so far.... so good.

Any release date for 2015 sp3.0 yet?, I know early visibility is out, but I can't get that for some reason.

Pete

• Re: Solidworks 2015 sp2.1  no crashes!!
          Deepak Gupta

It is usually 3-4 weeks for the SP release after EV. Though for this one I'm excepting it by the end of April or early May.

Jeff Holliday

Just checking - have you signed up for the Early visibility program?

Peter Farnham

Hi Jeff,

Not yet, though it may be a useful thing to do given all the issues in 2015 that has been missed or ignored.

I use Solidworks from first quote to installation and then to service manuals and so need everything to work correctly.

We re-use a lot of previous data and so something that worked in the previous release that now fails in the current release is a huge headache.

Regards

Pete

John Stoltzfus

For crashes the latest is the best ever, I think guys that used SW for years remember multiple crashes in one day, now probably less then one per month - Thanks SW

Terry Kasuboski

I am sorry that you feel that Solidworks hasn't been crashing, I have SW2015 SP2.1 and just this past Friday, SW 2015 crashed on me 3 times. Once when I was doing a project of a case, one while it was saving a model, and the other was opening a file from Workgroup PDM and it was loading all the files for the assembly, which was saved and working back into PDM by another user. I went to open to add a few more items into the assembly and did not get past the parts being loaded when my Solidworks turned white with blue donut and then closed down and replaced with the crash/error popup.

I am hoping that once IT downloads and tells us the SP 3.0 is available to install on all the current SW users computer that this may help to reduce some of these crashes.

Thanks,

Terry

Jeff Holliday

I don't see a need to feel sorry for John's system not crashing too often. Instead I am sorry that you are having problems. I am sure you are irritated when you run into a problem. Have you checked the "obvious" problem areas (hardware, drivers, installation, file locations, etc) to try to narrow down the reasons? Please let us try to help by giving as much info as possible. Also - keep us informed on whether SP3.0 helps. Many of us will be updating soon.

Terry Kasuboski

I have upgraded to SP3.0 and still having crash issues. One time was trying to bring an item in from my library, it came up with an open clipboard error and then crashed. After starting Solidworks 2015 SP3.0 I was able to finally bring in my items from the library but still getting the open clipboard error.
                      But then when i went to publish to edrawings, I get the blue circle of death that another member on here was talking about, I waited to see if it would solve itself, but after about 15 minutes of the blue circle it was task manager time to end process. Then the crash report popup came out.