3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2015 4:00 PM by Kyle Blackwell

Windows 10 / Office 2013 design table issues

Kyle Blackwell

I'm currently running Windows 10 technical preview build 10041 with Office 2013 (Office 365 for business) and SolidWorks 2015 Pro.  I'm currently testing this new CAD/CAM computer and haven't really had any issues with performance or reliability even though I am running a preview build of Windows.  I have run into a problem where when i change dimensions or add configurations to a design table the model doesn't update.  I'm sure this is a Windows 10 or Office 2013 related problem because i can open this same model up on my old computer running Windows 7/ Office 2007/SolidWorks 2015 and  everything updates as it should.  If anyone has any insight into what the problem may be it would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Windows 10 / Office 2013 design table issues
          Jeff Holliday

Despite the fact that SW does not yet officially support Win 10, I have heard comments that seem to point toward it working well eventually. No idea at this point.

Kyle Blackwell

I have done some research on this and it seems to have started with Windows 8.1 but has yet to be resovled.  This has been my only real issue but it's a big one.  I had my reseller do some troubleshooting on their computer running Windows 7/SolidWorks 2015/Office 2013 and they said it works fine.  They are supposed to do more throubleshooting on a Windows 8.1/SW2015/Office 2013 to see if they can duplicate the issue.

Kyle Blackwell

I did a lot of tweaking to Office this morning to try and get this working to no avail, i thought maybe i had something to do with the protected mode but nothing fixed the problem.  Then I thought I would give it one more go and check to see if there were updates to Office 2013 or Windows 10.  There were a lot of updates to Office and Windows.  For the last hour it has updated both Windows 10 and Office.  I again tried to get design tables to work and this time everything is working as it should.  I read about a lot of issues with OLE objects not linking properly in other Office products and there was a significant update to address those issues.  Anyway everything is working again so I’m going to keep going with testing. Thank you for your help. 

SolidWorks 2015 works with:

Windows 10 (Technical Preview Build 10061)

Office 2013 (Office 365 business)