13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2017 2:26 PM by Tony Tieuli

3Dcontrol Add-in in 2015

Bill Rose

I can't seem to get this add-in working in 2015. The latest versions of the 3Dconnexion's drivers (10.2.2 & 10.2.3) gets me a blank toolbar which makes setting the buttons impossible. I can manipulate the model but that's all. These newer versions do not work in 2013 or 2014 because the buttons do not work and trying to configure them gives me this dialog;

SWx 2014 Button Mapping with 3,16,3.JPG

No Tools tree to select from. The button assignments shown do not work and when you click on them in this dialog box they disappear.

Any suggestions on getting 2015 working 100%. A bonus would be a solution that applies to 2015 and the older SWx versions too. We'll be moving to 2015 soon and that's the most important version to gain function for. Thanks!..........Bill

• Re: 3Dcontrol Add-in in 2015
          Bill Rose

Does anyone have a 3Dcontrol Toolbar while using v3.2.0 of the driver? That seems to be missing in action in this version. There's no menu item either.

I found I can reassign the buttons using the PANEL button and they seem to stick between sessions. This works in 2015 and the older versions but none display a toolbar. I'm going to miss my little Sub-part movement icon if that's the case.

Ingvar Magnusson

I would go in here 3Dconnexion : Legacy Driver  and select space explorer and try the older drivers. I´m using an old space pilot with driver 3.16.3 on a SW 2015 and everything works fine.

Bill Rose

Thanks Ingvar,

I had that one installed briefly but found the 3.18.0 was fully compatible with 2012 - 2014 where the 3.16.3 driver did not display a toolbar in 2014. Using either of those two older drivers left the buttons unresponsive in 2015. Even the PANEL button did nothing. I miss the toolbar but the newer driver allows me to use the buttons in all versions of SWx I have installed.

JOHN GEORGE

I am using space Navigator and don't think there is a toolbar for SW (may be I didn't check properly)

I did see a toolbar in the previous version drivers.

You may have to configure thru the 3D connexion program page

This is from their help page

Create a new SolidWorks shortcut for the command you want to assign

• Launch SolidWorks and open a document
                  • Go to "Tools -> Customize" and select the "Keyboard" tab
                  • Search for the command that you wish to assign to a 3D mouse button
                  • Add a shortcut for this command
                  • Close the "Customize" panel

Create a new Custom Function in 3DxWare Control Panel

• Ensure SolidWorks is in the foreground
                  • Launch the 3DxWare Control Panel: "Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> 3Dconnexion 3DxWare -> Show 3DxWare Control Panel"
                  • Go to the "Button Configuration" tab and select "Custom Functions ..." -> "New"
                  • Give your new macro an appropriate name and then click into the "User Macro" field
                  • Execute the shortcut exactly as you assigned it previously in SolidWorks
                  • Close all 3DxWare Control Panel windows (Save -> Done -> OK)

Assign the new Custom Function to a 3D mouse button

• Restart SolidWorks and open a document
                  • Open the SolidWorks Button Mapping Editor
                  • The new Custom Function will be listed in the "3DxWare Functions" category on the left
                  • Assign the new function to a button on your 3D mouse
                  • Close the Button Mapping Panel by pressing "OK"

Hope this helps

Bill Rose

That's what I thought John, no toolbar in the new driver. The steps you posted might be a work around for using the older drivers in 2015. If so I'd have the toolbar in the older versions of SWx in working buttons in 2015. Worse case is it works now in all versions less the toolbar by using the new driver.

Thanks.......Bill

Tony Tieuli

Bill Rose wrote:

Does anyone have a 3Dcontrol Toolbar while using v3.2.0 of the driver? That seems to be missing in action in this version. There's no menu item either.

I found I can reassign the buttons using the PANEL button and they seem to stick between sessions. This works in 2015 and the older versions but none display a toolbar. I'm going to miss my little Sub-part movement icon if that's the case.

I'm using a SpaceExplorer with SWX 2018 v0.1 and v3.2.0 as the driver but no 3D control toolbar. I've been using the same 3d control for several versions of SWX and I've never seen a toolbar. Then again I probably didn't ever see one because I never knew to look for one!

Luis Pulido

I got my older spacepilot working on the latest 2017 solidworks check my reply below

Does the Spacepilot (not pro) still work with SW 2017? | MySolidWorks