I cannot edit materials. When I try to, Solidworks crashes. I am dead in the water and need help! How can I fix this?
Use SOLIDWORKS Rx tool to diagnose and capture the issue. And then send the data to your VAR (the company from where you've bought SOLIDWORKS from) to diagnose further.
Also check these helpful posts; Frequently Asked Forum Questions, How to ask a good question in the API forum and Forum Posting for your future reference to get best out this forum
I have the same issue Troy, and I posted a similar question before I found your post.
My VAR did escalate the issue to Dassault (SW 2015).They were aware of the issue at the time but had no solution.
After installing 2016, I excitedly executed a 'decal edit' immediately and was extremely disappointed to find the issue still remained.
Update - SolidWorks still crashes upon all Decal Edits:
• Now SW 2016 SP-4. (Issue through all 2015 and 2014)
• Clean full SP-4 install (not updates from disc)
• Same issue through Win-7, and Win-8
• DELL Hardware must be the cause here (All issues seem to be w DELL machines).
• This, even though the SolidWorks diagnostics are all Green.
• Not good for business for to blame DELL 'SolidWorks friendly hardware'
I understood the potential business decision not to point out that the issue lay with Dell hardware, but Dessault & Dell, you should offer a resolution to those Users who are affected, especially with companies like ours who have purchased mass quantities of your hardware & software.
Come in Ladies & Gents - over 2 years is quite enough of a wait.
Retrieving data ...