1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 12:43 PM by Earl Hasz

Setting up Composer BOM after views are already set

Kray Shivers

I made a really complex composer document (my first one) and I didn't set up my bom before I got started. Now I have 30 some views and would really like an alternative way to create the bom without having to do it manually for every view.

I tried setting it as a neutral property and that did not work. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that under the assembly tab there is no "root" meaning that I didn't not "merge into new document". I have wondered if that is my issue.

I know that there will be some manual entry to this but what I am after is to just set it up in my default view where all my parts are shown. to give you a better picture of what I am looking at there are 700 parts which equates to about 300+ bom ids. Please HELP ME!

• Re: Setting up Composer BOM after views are already set
          Earl Hasz

The steps that you can take at this point would be to create the IDs and any callouts in the first view.  Then select all of the components that have IDs and select their Bom ID property.  Once this has been done, select all of the views in the view panel and use right mouse|Update Views with Selected Actors.  The Bom ID property will then be applied to the selected actor's property in all of the views.  The same can be done for the callouts.

-Earl