2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 11:24 AM by Florimond Laporte

Replace vs Add Sheet

Florimond Laporte

Hi, I'm on SW2015. I witnessed a behaviour that I judge weird but it may be just me.

In Document Properties / Drawing Sheets I selected "Use different sheet format". I assume that its sole purpose is to add new sheets (sheets 2, 3, 4 and so on), and it works. So far so good.

However, I started a drawing with a size B sheet and in the process I decided to switch for a larger sheet. So I make a few clicks in order to replace the sheet for my C format but POW! I got instead the "new sheet" that I referred to in the last paragraph. If I unselect the "Use different sheet format", I can effectively change from B to C size.

Either I set something badly, or I misunderstood the "Use different sheet format" button, or there is a mistake in this option.

Does someone have an opinion on this?

• Re: Replace vs Add Sheet
          Deepak Gupta

Florimond Laporte wrote:

In Document Properties / Drawing Sheets I selected "Use different sheet format". I assume that its sole purpose is to add new sheets (sheets 2, 3, 4 and so on), and it works. So far so good.

When you select this option and set a sheet format location, then that sheet format would be added in case you've Show sheet format dialog on add new sheet under Tools > Options > Drawings

If you've both options selected then you'll see the sheet format dialog box to choose from for adding new sheet(s).

But this has nothing to do with when changing existing sheet size/format to a different one. At least I don't see that behavior. Can you capture a video showing the behavior? If you't share but still see the behavior then please report to your VAR.