Edit your Profile
Ask a Question
View my Inbox
View trending activity
All Spaces and Groups
About the Forums
Drawing and Detailing
Educators and Students
Hardware and Graphics
Modeling and Assemblies
to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members.
Configurations list text
Discussion created by
on Jun 11, 2007
on Jun 11, 2007 by Eddie Cyganik
Show 0 Likes
How do I change the text colour of the configuration list tree? I have looked in the colour settings in options but I cant find anything there.
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 comment
(Required, will not be published)
Jun 11, 2007 4:22 PM
I haven't found a setting for color but in the attached e-mail message from my work, I identified how to adjust the font (see #5.) along with a variety of other settings. Actually, there is a color setting for Icon Font but it is disabled.
By the way, the interface is know as the Feature Manager Tree or FMT.
Besides all of the "personal" settings that can be applied to your desktop, there are those that can be set or changed in order to work more effectively with certain applications. Below, we'll discuss settings for SolidWorks Users who are visually impaired. Whether you have prescription glasses or contacts, magnifying glasses, bifocals, trifocals, or any combination of the above, working with SolidWorks can be a challenge.
1. Increase the size of the SolidWorks icons. Do this while in SolidWorks with any document type open by selecting the "Customize" option off of the RMB (Right Mouse Button) pop-up menu. Then simply check the box next to "Large icons"
2. Turn on Tool Tips for the SolidWorks icons. Do this while in SolidWorks with any document type open by selecting the "Customize" option off of the RMB pop-up menu. Then simply check the box next to "Show tooltips"
3. Increase the size of the Tooltips for SolidWorks icons. Do this while in SolidWorks with any document type open by selecting the "Customize" option off of the RMB pop-up menu. Then simply check the box next to "Use large tooltips".
4. Increase the size of the SolidWorks icons. Do this at the desktop by selecting Start - Control Panel - Display, from the Display Properties window, select the Appearance tab and finally, select Large or Extra Large from the Font size drop down menu (Normal will be the default setting.). This is a general/overall setting that will affect the Desktop, SolidWorks & all applications.
5. Increase the size of the SolidWorks FMT (Feature Manager Tree). Do this at the desktop by selecting Start - Control Panel - Display, from the Display Properties window, select the Appearance tab, then the Advanced button. Next, in the Advanced Appearance window, select "Icon" from the Item: drop down menu, select a font from the Font: drop down menu (EX: Tahoma) and then a size from the Size: drop down menu (EX: 10). Again, this is a general/overall setting that will affect the Desktop & other applications but most importantly, the information in the SolidWorks FMT will be enlarged for easier identification & use.
All of the settings discussed above are further affected by your display resolution setting, your graphics card and your monitor. Also, there are many other settings that can be adjusted & modified but those indicated above are key settings that are fast & easy to apply and provide the most bang-for-the-buck.
Show 0 Likes
Retrieving data ...
Sheet Metal Edge Flange on Lofted Bend
Rendering Failure & Performance Inconsistency
Request for Forum Etiquette
PDM server update
Non-Technical thread: Covid-19 (Coronavirus disease)