2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 3:32 PM by Ivan Savchencko

Hi Everyone! I have a quastion about  title block manager in Solidworks Electrical!

Ivan Savchencko

Hi Everyone! I have a quastion about  title block manager in SolidWorks Electrical. How can I add my own class or subclass to the title block manager? There are only two of them ANSI and ISO, but I wont to do my own!!! Named "Company standart" for example... Thanks for everyone who will answer!!!

Considering that nobody has answered yet I decided to work out in detail my question...

Here we have got a title block manager:

If we look closer we can see a classification tab:

In this classification tab we can see only two folders: INSI size and ISO 216 size and some subfolders A1......A4. But I want to place  my own templates in separeted folder (for example named "MyTemplates") with its own subfolders. As for me this functionality would be very convenient and useful!!!  But I haven't found how to do this. Please somebody tell me for sure if it is possible?

now I hope someone will definately  answer!

• Re: Hi Everyone! I have a quastion about  title block manager in Solidworks Electrical!
          Ashley Cheney

Ivan,

I don't believe it is possible to add new classifications at this time. However, what you can do is create a new Library for your company and apply that to the new title blocks which you create. You would still have to classify them based on the existing classifications, but adding them to a specific Library will allow you to further filter which title blocks show up to the users.

To create a new library, go to the Library tab > Libraries Manager > New.

Also note that you can specify which libraries can be used for projects by going to the Project Configuration > Libraries and Palettes.

You can also choose which title blocks are used by default upon insertion of a new page.

I recommend you create a template that uses these configurations to set standards and defaults for your company if you have not already.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have questions.

• Re: Hi Everyone! I have a quastion about  title block manager in Solidworks Electrical!
              Ivan Savchencko

Hi Ashley!

Thanks a lot for your answer! Your answer is quite detailed and it's nice to see when people understend what I am asking about... As for creating the new (mine) library I've done it at once but the information about specifying which libraries can be used for projects is very useful and satisfies my needs a lot. As for creating a project template I know this functionality and I understand how it can automatize disigning but if I hadn't known about this functionality the information you gave would be very important! So thanks and good luck!