15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 9:26 AM by Andrew Wright

Updating Default Font after 2015 install

Tera Hansen

Long story short after we upgraded to 2015, the font is all messed up in all of our drawings.  Something to do with the default Century Gothic font.  I haven't found an easy fix, so we decided to just change the default font we use to Arial.  I went through and updated all of the templates, saving them as a .drwdot file and a .slddrt.  I've done this a hundred other times and just recently did it when we added watermark.  That worked fine.  Open up a new drawing with the new template and that is fine.  It uses the new font.  However reloading the format on an already existing drawing doesn't work. It updates it with the new format, but doesn't change the default font.  Are we doomed to have to go into options and change the default font every time we open and edit an existing drawing, or am I doing something wrong in creating these templates?  I spent half the day yesterday trying to figure out why the font changed and updating the templates, and now I've spent half the morning working on it again.  Any suggestions?

title block.PNG

And just because, you can see why there is a need for a font change...