What is the SW tried and true method of managing a Prototype folder and a Production Intent folder that has parts and assemblies with the same names?
I have the added fun of:
1. I am working off-site from my customer which means I am not hooked directly to Windchill (yes Windchill).
2. I have parts that are released in Windchill as prototype but are still live. I cannot create new part numbers because we use Windchill to order parts.
3. I must be able to change the prototype parts because we have running deviations.
4. Due to compressed schedule, I am starting to revise my parts for production.
5. I had the extra added fun today of finding my proto and production parts cross pollenated last week and I have errors in my assemblies that I need to correct
How do you keep this from occurring in SW? I do not have the opportunity to "manage" the files with a live PDM solution.