3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2015 6:33 PM by Stuart Sowray

insert coreldraw on to drawing

Justin Harwell

I am trying to make a footer for my drawings in solidworks, we have a footer in CorelDraw I need in solidworks. Svg, and ai only show an icon of the program that can open it, pdf's will not load, and native CorelDraw files will come out way to fuzzy for any use. any advise or idea are appreciated.

• Re: insert coreldraw on to drawing
          Jamil Snead

Does the image have any gradients in it, or is it just lines and/or solid fills? I would try to export the image as a dxf, then import into SolidWorks. If there are solid fills then you can use an area hatch/fill to do that on the drawing. When you are done you can make it a block so it is easy to move/scale.

Justin Harwell

I tried that method , the dxf produces the same results as ai or svg. I used dwg and got the lines, There is a lot of fill work, I started to and found it would not fill.

Stuart Sowray

Having tried a variety of exported graphics types (also from CorelDraw) with equally poor quality results I finally achieved a good quality solution using a PowerPoint object to handle the graphics; a bit of a kludge in my view and probably inefficient but it seems to do the job presentationally.

First export your graphic as a bitmap, any format that PowerPoint can handle will do - size it to approximately what you need for the drawing.  In SW Drawing - Edit Sheet Format select 'Insert Object' and choose the Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation object. When the object opens select and delete the blank text entry holding areas then paste your graphic. Now adjust the powerpoint slide size to the same size as your pasted graphic - in PP2013 go to the Design menu ribbon and select 'Slide Size' - 'Custom Slide Size' and adjust to suit.  Your graphic should now fill the object window, which you can size and position on your drawing as required.