1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2015 10:27 AM by Jeetendra Prasad

design automation c++

Sdiri Marwa

Hi,I am trying to develop a design automation tool add in for Solidworks using Solidworks API and C++.I choose this language

because i have taking courses of it plus it is was recommanded by  my supervisor (because it is faster) anyway i have to stick to c++ language .

So as a beginner I have so many problems first of all when i worked on the state of this project i figure out it should also inculde a knowledge based system to validate designs.

And then I find that this is possible with c++ using some expert system devolping tool.Second, i have to mention  that designs should be parmertrized.So now I dont know how to mix the classique c++ i know and the knowledge based system which i dont know and

solidworks api c++ devolepment.So particulary in this point i wonder how to use solidworks interfaces and do i have to use another library for GUI besides solidworks interfaces.

• Re: design automation c++
          Jeetendra Prasad

Hi,

I would recommend c# for that. Its my personal choice. Your design automation c++ code may be 10% faster than c#. But for design automation projects your code performance impact is insignificant as compared to cad software performance (which is same for c# or C++). Plus maintainance and skill for c++ is much higher.

FYI I have more than 10+ years of experience in CAD development.