22 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 11:18 PM by Deepak Gupta

Toggle Display annotations

Peter Farnham

In Solidworks 2014 API

When recording a macro the following is recorded.

boolstatus = Part.Extention.SelectBtID2 ("Annotations", "DCABINET", 0,0,0 False, 0, Nothing, 0

Setting False to 1

boolstatus = Part.Extention.SelectBtID2 ("Annotations", "DCABINET", 0,0,0 False, 1, Nothing, 0

sets the Display Annotations off.

This no longer works in 2015.

Is there a new way of doing this?

Thank you.

• Re: Toggle Display annotations
          Deepak Gupta

Peter, the codes you've set above will not be doing the toggle IMO. Instead use following codes:

Option Explicit

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim swModel As IModelDoc2

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

swModel.Extension.SetUserPreferenceToggle swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayAnnotations, _

swUserPreferenceOption_e.swDetailingNoOptionSpecified, False 'Changing to True will set to ON

End Sub

Peter Farnham

Thank you Deepak,

The line

swModel.Extension.SetUserPreferenceToggle swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayAnnotations, _

is showing red.

I copied and pasted into VBA.

I want to toggle the others too " show feature dimensions" ect.. but I can look these up :-)

Thanks again.

Deepak Gupta

Not sure if you noticed the complete line. I added an underscore to move some portion of the line to next line.

swModel.Extension.SetUserPreferenceToggle swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayAnnotations, swUserPreferenceOption_e.swDetailingNoOptionSpecified, False

swModel.Extension.SetUserPreferenceToggle swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayFeatureDimensions, swUserPreferenceOption_e.swDetailingNoOptionSpecified, False

Peter Farnham

Haha silly me!

Got it,

Thank you

Peter Farnham

Hi Deepak,

I Have noticed that IModeldoc2 is obsolete in 2015 API, being replaced by SetUserPreferenceToggle Method (IModelDocExtension).

I have tried all afternoon to try to make it work using the new member but so far have failed using the example shown in the API help.

Can I be a pain and ask you to re-write in in the new method please. this is what I have so far.

Sub main()

Dim swApp           As SldWorks.SldWorks
                        Dim instance As SldWorks.IModelDocExtension
                        Dim UserPref As Integer
                        Dim UserPrefOption As Integer
                        Dim value As Boolean

'value = instance.SetUserPreferenceToggle(UserPref, UserPrefOption, value)' as shown in help

value = instance.SetUserPreferenceToggle(swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayAnnotations, swUserPreferenceOption_e.swDetailingNoOptionSpecified, 0) 'Changing to 1 will set to ON ' what I got from help

End Sub

Pete

Deepak Gupta

IModeldoc2 for SetUserPreferenceToggle was obsoleted in earlier version of SOLIDWORKS and not 2015. Also if you look at the macro codes I've posted above, they are using the ModelDocExtension and not IModeldoc2. Don't worry as how the variable has been declared.

Further, those same codes are working fine in 2014 and 2015. If you still having issue then use the following updates codes:

Option Explicit

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim swModel As IModelDoc2

Dim swModExt As SldWorks.ModelDocExtension

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

Set swModExt = swModel.Extension

swModExt.SetUserPreferenceToggle swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayAnnotations, swUserPreferenceOption_e.swDetailingNoOptionSpecified, False

End Sub

Chris Manger

Hello Deepak.   I have a macro that toggles the display settings, but it only works on the part/assembly that is open.  Do you have any code that traverses the assembly and toggles the setting for all parts/subassemblies?

Oleg Bezyaev

Hi Peter.

Just interesting, which object you selected that returns "DCABINET"?

Deepak Gupta

Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing > Display annotations

OR

DCA.png

Peter Farnham

Hi Oleg,

As Deepak shows, but you get DCABINET for the others below too.

Part of the recorded macro below, macro works in 2014 but I can not get it to work in 2015.

Dim swApp As Object

Dim Part As Object
                              Dim boolstatus As Boolean
                              Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long

Sub main()

Set swApp = _
                              Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc
                              boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Annotations", "DCABINET", 0, 0, 0, False, 1, Nothing, 0)
                              boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Annotations", "DCABINET", 0, 0, 0, False, 1, Nothing, 0)
                              boolstatus = Part.SetUserPreferenceToggle(swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swViewDisplayHideAllTypes, False)
                              boolstatus = Part.SetUserPreferenceToggle(swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayOrigins, False)

Pete

Deepak Gupta

Peter, these are all pointing to one type only:

And these two are for the view menu

boolstatus = Part.SetUserPreferenceToggle(swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swViewDisplayHideAllTypes, False) 'Uncheck Hide All

boolstatus = Part.SetUserPreferenceToggle(swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayOrigins, False) ' Hide Origin

Peter Farnham

Hi Deepak,

I would like you to record a macro (2015 sp2.1)selecting or de-selecting

Annotations

Display Annotations

Show Feature Dimensions

Show Reference Dimensions

Show DimXpert Dimensions

and I am sure you will get the following code:-

' ******************************************************************************
                                      ' C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Temp\swx8092\Macro1.swb - macro recorded on 04/05/15 by Pete
                                      ' ******************************************************************************
                                      Dim swApp As Object

Dim Part As Object

Sub main()

Set swApp = _
                                      Application.SldWorks

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Annotations", "DCABINET", 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)
                                      boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Annotations", "DCABINET", 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)

End Sub

Not exactly the same code that you have shown to me, (which works perfectly I might add :-)  )

I would like to understand why the code is so different.

As a sub question the following all used to work and now only works until the last line which fails as it is no longer an option it seems.

'toggles value, can not toggle using the toggle method.

boolstatus = swApp.RunCommand(swCommands_ViewPartingLines, False)

boolstatus = swApp.RunCommand(swCommands_View3DSketchPlane, False)

boolstatus = swApp.RunCommand(swCommands_View3DSketchDimensions, False)

boolstatus = swApp.RunCommand(swCommands_ViewWeldBeads, False)' fails on this code

I have searched for the weld bead toggle as well as the grid view toggle and the 3D sketch view toggle, but to no avail at the moment.

I have found all of the others in the hide/show toolbar.

I am at home till Tuesday where I can grab the working 2014 macro from my desktop at work to show you.

I am testing 2015 sp2.1 at home before I release it in a working environment as there many broken things in it, hopefully fixed in sp3, but that's another issue.

Regards

Pete

Deepak Gupta

Peter Farnham wrote:

Dim swApp As Object

Dim Part As Object

Sub main()

Set swApp = _
                                          Application.SldWorks

End Sub

This is due to fact that macro is only recording the Annotations folder selection and not what action is being done inside.

boolstatus = swApp.RunCommand(swCommands_ViewWeldBeads, False)' fails on this code

For me it is coming as swUserPreferenceToggle_e.swDisplayLights, so seems like there is a bug. Same results with 2014 or earlier but it seems like this method has not been implemented yet. But looking through the view menu option, it seems to be be implemented in 2015 or may be that is a mistake..