8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 1:48 PM by Thomas Lautenbag

Routing problems

Thomas Lautenbag

When I start a rout by the Drag/Drop option, I get the following error message with flanges above 14" :  "No matching configurations are available for elbow 'piping\elbow\90 degrees\90deg lr inch elbow.sldprt' Please customize the template and see all available configurations.". If I try to customize and start, the error message: "No valid configuration could be found for this elbow" appears. Besides that, the dialog box that appears when dropping a flange, "Select a configuration",  cropped, and I can't enlarge it with the cursor. Do I need to download extensions for the library? Does anyone know how to solve these problems? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Routing problems
          Tyler Goetzman

Have you tried a different size flange to start the route? that would help narrow down the problem. Also open up your elbow at the part level and look at what configurations exists for it to see if you do indeed have the desired size. Also check your file locations and make sure that your pulling all routing parts from the same location, whether its your hard drive or a dedicated server. ive seen routing do some strings things when it is looking in different spots for different routing components.

Thomas Lautenbag

Thank you for replying. I have tried different sizes of flanges, and the problem only occurs with flanges > 14". I opened up the elbow part:01.jpg

02.jpg

As you can see, the elbow configurations do not exist beyond 14". I assume this is the reason why solid works won't let me make routes with pipes > 16". What solution do you suggest? Can I start a route with 16" pipe without the elbow? Where can I get the other configurations/parts so that all parts necessary for the rout are present? I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I'm still a noob at this.

Tyler Goetzman

The easiest thing to do is to just create new configurations for the sizes you want. just right click on a current config. in the feature tree and select "add new configuration". once you do this it will ask you to name the new one, so do that appropriately and make sure it is saving the new one to the same file location. then just edit your diameter and bend radius for your new size. you may have to add c points and routing points, i cant remember if they will come in with the new configuration or not, but if they don't it is easy enough to do and i cant help with it. hope this is helpful