10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2008 8:21 PM by kurt mai

Upgrade SP1.0 to 4.0 missing CD#4 ?????

Kyle Koehler
      I am getting so tired of spending HOURS trying to update from one SP to another under SW 2007!!!!!

When I went from 2.0 to 3.1 I had to wait a month to finally be told to wipe out Solidworks and do a complete reinstall.

Now I am trying to do a upgrade from 1.0 on another machine to 4.0 and I get this crazy error asking for CD#4 at the end of the upgrade. I DIDN'T USE CDs to INSTALL THE ORIGINAL SW2007!!!! I used DVDs... AUUGGHHH!

I am into this problem for about 3-4 hours now.

Why can't SW figure how to make the installation programs work correctly!!!!

Anyone figured out why installing SP4.0 asks for a CD#4 and can't find the right file???? Seems to be looking for tb3.cab on installation disk when the file really is called tb0.cab???

I found a post internationally that talks about removing SW Explorer from computer to fix the problem.... GUESS WHAT??? I get a Remove crash when trying to remove SW Explorer... AUUUGHHHH!!!!

Any help here?
        • Upgrade SP1.0 to 4.0 missing CD#4 ?????
          maciel gabriel
          File tb3.cab is temporary file that is created during theinstall.
          This file is created only with original install, or originalcracked, so, only original or crack is possible apply servicepack

Maciel
            Kyle Koehler
            Then why is it looking for it on the CDs if it is a temporary file.... you can't create temporary files on READ ONLY CDs?

I am not following what you mean by "crack"....

I am looking for a solution to my problem... I spend more time trying to upgrade or install SW than with any other problems with SW?

Can anybody out there help me with this issue?

Matthew Lennard
                Morning Kyle,

Maciel is implying that you might be using an illegal copy, as a "cracked" version is when the dongle has been removed, as it can be copied.

I, myself have had the same problem as you, and it is all legal (i.e. we have spent thousands and thousands of pounds).

There was a problem with the toolbox going from SP2.2 that I encountered, which led to asking for CD4 and tb3.cab. You can find the fix on main "customer portal" page.

However I have done this fix already, yet I am the same problem.

I know this won't help you, but at lest you know your not alone.

Regards,
                Kyle Koehler
                Matthew,

Everything I am doing is totally legal. We have a networked copy of SW2007. The second machine I am trying to install on has it's own "home use license" going from SP0.0 to SP1.0 on both machines was a snap. But like I said in initial post. Going from 1.0 to anything has been a pain in the butt.

I am just trying to update my software specifically like SW wants me to. I am doing nothing they haven't asked me to do.

I will look on the customer portal page.
                  Kyle Koehler
                  I am using installation manager. I tried to use Add/Remove Program (Windows) to get rid of Solidworks Explorer like someone suggested.

Found link on front page of Portal, down left hand side, second or third item that describes my problem with a zip file that is suppose to fix initial problem. Going to try it tonight.

Kyle Koehler
                    Here is the text from the "Top Solutions" on the front page of the customer portal:<br /><br />This issue is currently under investigation by the SolidWorks Development team with SPR 356360.  This can be caused by certain toolbox parts not being in the expected directory.  An immediate solution to this issue is to download SP22_1311_error_fix.zip which is attached to this Solution.  <br /><br />WORKAROUND: Please extract the contents of the zip file in the attachment to: <TOOLBOX FOLDER>\Browser\ANSI Inch\washers\ then try the service pack installation again.  (The path for <TOOLBOX FOLDER> can be found by browsing to your <install folder>\Toolbox directory, and viewing "toolbox.ini."  The "ToolboxPartFolder=" paramater path should be used for <TOOLBOX FOLDER> in the above path)<br /><br />Please refer to the SPR Look-up Subscription Services site for the latest status of this SPR. (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.solidworks.com/pages/services/subscription/ServicePackMaintenanceNotes.html)">http://www.solidworks.com/page...aintenanceNotes.html)</a><br /><br />If this does not resolve the issue, please contact your reseller assistance troubleshooting this issue.
                        maciel gabriel
                        Kyle
                        Suggestion:
                        The CDs that you are inserting in computer when the service packask, is exactly the same that you have used for firstinstallation?
                        Solidworks during the installation compares the serial number inwindows registry with serial number of the CDs that you are usingwhen service pack ask.
                        Maybe you are inserting installation CDs of other computer, thus,incompatible serial number.
                        If you are not certainty, you need see the serial number inregister of windows, and compare with the serial of your CDinstall.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------
                        Maciel Fernando Gabriel - Brazil - SP
                        Solidworks 2007 SP3.1
                            kurt mai
                            I'm trying to update SW2007 SP3.1 to SP5.0, first did 3.1-4.0, then 4.0-5.0. Then I deployed it on the network. It didn't install, however, due to the missing of common5.cab. I found this file in SP5.0's msp file's media table, along with TB5.cab, they are both under the prompt SolidWorks CD #4. Does anyone know where I can find that file? I found the actual common1 though common4 files, but not common5. Does it have anything to do with the fact that my copy of solidworks is on the harddrive?