SolidWorks Mechanical Designer/Drafter
Immediate opening available for full time in office employment only
Operators Suppressor Systems develops and manufactures firearm suppression technologies that are based on real world, war time, and commercial demands. We are located in Murray, Utah adjacent to Salt Lake City. We operate out of an 18,000 square foot state of the art facility dedicated to production and R&D of our suppression systems.
SolidWorks Mechanical Designer /Drafter Skills and Qualifications:
- Design suppressor components in SolidWorks 3D CAD system
- Detail 2D drawings
- Maintain released drawings database and hard copies according to organizational SOP's
- Proficiency with SolidWorks current revision including models, assemblies, drawings and part families
- Assist the Project Engineer(s) / Technical Team in creating a product from reference drawings, manage product data, share designs, automate workflows, and securely share design data across our organization, with clients, and with external partners.
- Works hand-in-hand with the manufacturing / fabricating team to create the final product
- Assist in testing of the product to ensure adherence to specifications
- Monitors the design for potential improvements and manufacturability constraints
- Work directly with vendors and outside suppliers on component design and specification
- Assist in performing testing and analysis on prototype test samples and production part verification
Min. Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD package
- Associate's Degree in CAD or equivalent experience
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Superior communication (phone, face to face and presentation formats)
- Ability to work within a cross functional team is essential
- Aptitude to leverage the technical resources of our vendors and suppliers
- Detail oriented, independent thinking, self-starting, motivated
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly
- Understanding of manufacturing constraints
- Recognize schedule limitations and exhibit a willingness to meet critical deadlines
- OSS produces NFA items. All applicants must pass a background check and not be a "prohibited person" as defined by the ATF
Compensation / Benefits
OSS offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunity, health plan, and other benefits that are competitive with our industry.
Please submit your resume to the email address below (no phone calls, please).
280 West Central Ave
Murray, UT 84107