6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 10:00 AM by Deepak Gupta

Does treehouse 2015 have a bug or is this intentional or just me?

Peter Farnham

When importing an existing assembly, there are no drawings inserted even through there are drawings of the assembly and the part documents in the folder with the same assembly or part name.

• Re: Does treehouse 2015 have a bug or is this intentional or just me?
          Deepak Gupta

A bug reported under SPR #: 837496

And since it only allows for "Dragging a part or assembly file from Windows Explorer onto an assembly node", you can' even add drawing later on.

Peter Farnham

The amount of years Treehouse has been under development, I am amazed that they would release a bug ridden version in Solidworks 2015!

This really goes to prove that the in-house testing department are either getting paid for testing whilst really being asleep (something I have seen for myself in a backup IT department) or just plain thick.

Or "did" Solidworks just release it to have something to add to Solidworks 2015 without testing it first?

Hmmm, conspiracy theories.

Come on Solidworks, get it together.

Deepak Gupta

Peter no offence but I don't think that Treehouse was taken back for making it improved and releasing for 2015. Other wise they would have kept the development on and kept it releasing year after year. Treehouse has been ramped back into action from the deep down buried box as they must have realized the importance and utility of this tool. And since this has been redeveloped for 2015 and further I can not take that this would come flawless in the single shot. There are no software in the world that would come clean in single shot. It is also not possible to test it every single scenario. For e.g. a bug been observed by one user doesn't really mean that it would same for all other users. Again it is not easy (and not feasible) to have every single idea/ER included in the new release or SP. There are limitations and they work hard for bringing in the best. We all had been living without Treehosue for year now and would have continued to do the same if they have not bring it back. I always found it great that they (SW development team) listen to the users and try to bring best of what they can. So let's jointly support them by improving it further and hence serve ourselves

Again these are my personal comments.

Peter Farnham

Deepak,

When treehouse first came out many years ago there were many comments made about improving it, comments from myself included, because I saw that it could be a great tool.

They then took it away and did  nothing with it, but I continued using the old version as it helped me.

When I saw that it was released in 2015 I expected that the comments and enhancement requests made previously would have been taken on board. I have the old version and I can see no difference between the two apart from the integration into Solidworks 2015.

I want a better version without the previous bugs and enhancements also.

Though it is not possible to test every scenario, it is possible to test the bugs and errors that had been mentioned way back in 2009.

Due to these still being present, I stand by what I have said as I can see no improvements at all.