3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2015 4:49 PM by Paul Cullen

Can SW Professional do sketches for Installation Manuals?

David Weber

I want to be able to do line sketches for an installation manual but not have all of the tangent lines etc. I've seen some really nice sketches and was wondering if this is a feature I am not aware of.

• Re: Can SW Professional do sketches for Installation Manuals?
          Jamil Snead

You can remove tangent lines and/or make them in a different line style or thickness. See samples below. To remove them completely you right click in the view and select Tangent Edge > Tangent Edges Removed. To have them shown in a different line style you choose Tangent Edge > Tangent Edges With Font, and then in the document properties click on Line Font and you can adjust the thickness and line style of the different types of edges.

tangent4.PNGtangent3.PNG

tangent2.PNGtangent1.PNG

Jeff Holliday

As Jamil showed, yes you can. If you are looking to do many manuals, I would still suggest getting Adobe Illustrator, Composer, etc. These will allow you to get the "pictorial" views but allow you to manipulate them for the sheet layout much more flexibly.

Paul Cullen

Hi David

I have done a few fairly basic 1 or 2 page manuals in the past. What I do is create a SW drawing with a blank sheet with no title block or border. Then I bring in the view of the model that I want onto this blank sheet. I then save the drawing sheet as a jpeg picture file. If I want a second view I can add another blank sheet to my SW  drawing and create another view of my part in the drawing and then save out this sheet as a jpeg picture as well. Then using PowerPoint I created the manual and imported the pictures into PowerPoint where I could crop or resize them as needed and add any necessary text and then saved the manual as a pdf file