I saw something in this thread that made me think. In it there was talk about a routine that would ask the user for the root entity as well as the starting number and it would then give each of the prior selected part copies an incremental different name.
Would it be possible to have a macro that when activated in an ASM would
- ask the user with which number to start
- wait for the user to select an entity by means of selecting a face of e.g. a part named >mat<
- give that entity's component reference the starting number
- wait for the user to select a different copy of that entity
- give that entity's component reference the starting number +1
- loop until user doesn't select the entity
That way the order of the numbers in a grid could be determined as one select each of the copies.
If and when someone has a few to fiddle with this then I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you kindly in advance.