I don't have a macro to do this, but if I were to make one i would do the following
*requirement* - preselected on 1 edge, edge cannot reverse direction
1) create 3d sketch - open in edit mode
2) Convert selected edge to 3d curve using "convert entities".
3) edit 3d sketch to add points. Make points coincident. Make them 1mm apart until you get to end of curve.
4) get all "points" in the sketch. Export x,y,z coordinates.
5) *optional* delete 3d sketch
That's how I'd go about it.
Alternatively, at step 3, you could create parallel planes spaced 1mm apart and create points where the curve intersects each plane. Just remember a 1 mm resolution in one direction does not mean there is a 1mm resolution in the other two directions.
Thanks for the help.Can u explain the 3rd step further. Can i try something like this.
1.Get the curve length
2.Get same number of point coordinates along the curve.( 345mm = 345 points)
If possible provide some useful commands for that too. Problem is that i do not have a clear idea about how to divide and add such points to a curve.
Thanks. It really helps.