I've been using SW and Routing since the '09 release.
In all those years I've only been able to run the scan library for missing database components successfully once.
Now I've just switched over to the '15 version (SP2) and tried it once more.
Again I get the, for me all to familiar, error.
Which translates to roughly : RTLibraryManager stopped working because a problem occurred that hinders the proper functioning of the program.
If anyone wants to see if it works for them, this is what I do.
- open the Routing Library Manager
- select Piping and Tubing Database
- click on Select Components
- Scan for missing database components
- this gets followed within a few minutes by a crash
If anyone can offer a suggestion then please don't hesitate to share it.