We are an IT Company that currently has a client that is waiting a long time 3+ minutes to open a drawing. They currently have quite a powerful machine, where the data resides on a server. They have moved the data to a laptop at home which isn't not nearly as powerful (i5/4GB/No GFX) - and opens in 26 seconds.
We have moved the data from the server, to the local drive, still opens in 3+ minutes.
When opening the file, Solidworks bumps up to 1.2GB Memory Usage, but only utilizes one core which hits 100%
We are starting to think that it could be related to Windows 8.1, and would like to confirm before we roll them back to Windows 7.
We have tried:
- Creating a RAM disk and putting the files in and opening
- Removed the Pagefile - Solidworks had bumped the page file up to 32GB, we have set it to 8GB Static
- Disabled Antivirus
- Re-installed Solidworks
2 x Intel Xeon E5-2630 2.4Ghz
32GB DDR4 2133Mhz
Samsung Evo 840 500GB
NVIDIA Quadro K4000