1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 4:28 AM by Ahmed Lasheen

Fonts error in Save as PDF & in Print as PDF no problem!!

Ahmed Lasheen

i have a critical problem in Save as PDF & Arabic Letters :-

Basically SolidWorks doesn't support Arabic letters it always appears like that  "اح م د" which is wrong (separate letters) in normal case (in windows) it should be "احمد" (One connected word).

whatever the good news that when i print SolidWorks Drawing file (contain Arabic not connected word "اح م د"  ) it printed correctly. "احمد"  (i think print command compare SolidWorks fonts with window fonts and correct it to be connected word in the printed file whatever hard-copy or Print as PDF)

so my problem is when i do save as PDF the result is not the same as Print as PDF ,save as PDF result in  "اح م د"  separate letters as SolidWorks (i think Save as do like screen shot) ,

but print as solve the issue and print it as PDF correctly.

the big problem is that i have to use save as PDF technique not print as , as i am using Driveworks who creates +100 drawings or more automatic and save them as PDF automatic without any interaction with the user.

i asked Driveworks support if they can make the process done by Print as PDF not save as PDF the answer was no. so i am forced to create my drawings automatic with save as PDF.

is their any solution with PDF to solve this issue.

Thanks

Lasheen