4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2015 8:16 AM by Glenn Schroeder

meters units to mm?

Pepe Pepon

If I start making a drawing in meters units and I want/need to switch the units to mm how can I do that? is it possible?

I tried to do just that. I syarted drawing in meters units by clicking on Format/Unit systems and changing the Block unit scale to mm. But nothing seemed to happen

I immagined that the dimensions would for example start to have 3 more 000: eg if a line was 3 m long initially, now it would show as 3000 mm long

Does it make sense?

• Re: meters units to mm?
          Glenn Schroeder

Go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.  I believe if you select MMGS for the Unit system it will default to millimeters, but you can choose "Custom" (like my screenshot) and choose anything you want from the drop-down.

Glenn Schroeder

Above is for if you want to change every dimension in the drawing.  If you only want to change this for a single dimension then click on the dimension to highlight it and go to the Other tab on it's PropertyManager.  Check the box for "Override Units" and make your selection from the drop-down.

Pepe Pepon

Hello Glen

It looks like that the procedure you describe is for a SW other than DraftSight isn't it? At least the version of DS that I am currently using (DS 2015) doesn't have these kind of dialog boxes

On the other hand it looks as if I took for granted that this forum was only about DS....:-(

Thanks anyway. May be there is a similar procedure in DS too. In the units panel one can only select one type of unit, there is not MMGS option

nor a Custom tick box to tick.

Best regards

Glenn Schroeder

I'm sorry for the confusion.  This is primarily a SolidWorks forum, although the same company owns both so we get some DraftSight questions here.  I didn't see anything in your original post that indicated this was a DraftSight issue.  Now that you've explained that maybe someone who uses DraftSight will see this and be able to help.