We are currently seeking a PDM Consultant. This position could be located in Chicago, Indianapolis, or Milwaukee Areas.
Responsible for the design, development, implementation, training and support of enterprise-wide Product Data Management (PDM) systems and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, primarily SolidWorks Enterprise PDM, Enovia V5 SmarTeam and Enovia V6. In addition, responsibilities include conducting software presentations with the sales team in a pre-sales environment.
Implementation and Training
- Implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects.
- Work with multiple customer parties including Engineering, Marketing, Quality, IT, Manufacturing and Management to understand requirements.
- Configure systems to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct PDM training for systems administrators and end users.
- Troubleshoot complex configuration and system issues.
- Provide support to customers in the use of our products.
- Customer communication via our blog on common issues in the use of our products.
- Deliver demonstrations, presentations, and training comfortably to anyone in a company hierarchy from an engineer to the CEO or business owner.
- Develop and present custom demonstrations to satisfy specific customer requests.
- Conduct product demonstrations.
- BS in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science or technology related field (4 year degree preferred)
- Basic understanding of PLM or PDM applications preferred
- Knowledge of project management skills, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of 3D CAD applications, SolidWorks preferred
- Familiarity with engineering and product development processes and environments
- Ability to manage multi-stage projects
- Ability to learn new skills, adapt to changing environments and show attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with teams
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Proficient problem solving and analytical ability
- Working knowledge of Windows environment and Microsoft Office products
- Basic understanding of database (such as MS Access or MS SQL Server) or client/server applications is preferred
- Basic understanding Visual Basic or .Net programming experience a plus
- 30% travel required – (mostly local, some overnight stays)
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and education. Complete benefits package available.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Aided Technology, Inc. (CATI) provides solutions to help customers accelerate the product development process. We are a value added reseller of 3D design software used by engineers in the product development process. We provide best-in-class software and hardware technology, full service training, support, and implementations to customers from a wide range of industries.
CATI has been recognized as a leader in serving our customers by many awards including:
SolidWorks President's Club
SolidWorks 90/90 Award
Top Selling SolidWorks VAR
Top SolidWorks Simulation VAR
Inc. Magazine Fastest Growing Company Award, 2008-2014
plus many Solution Partner Awards