3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 8:32 PM by Jared Conway

intake monifold flow simulation

Mantas Jucius

Hi,
      Could someone explain how to do intake monifold flow analyse?
      To the intake tube i set 2bar pressure, (environment, static or total? which and why?)
      Ant second: to the outlet ports: which pressure tipe should I set, and how mutch pressure? 1 bar or vacuum? why?
      and one more question: should i set analyses time?
      Thanks a lot

• Re: intake monifold flow simulation
          Seckin Uslu

If you look for steady state, you dont need set time.

You can see the pressure definition pitot tube

Total Pressure = Pstatic + P dynamic

Enviromental = 1atm at sea level

Amit Katz

The online help file outlines exactly what is the difference between environmental, static, and total in context of Flow Sim, have a read through it. I usually set inputs as static and outputs as environmental. Analysis time is not something you should mess with unless your simulation is extremely unstable and you want a finer temporal resolution (lowering your time step will come at the cost of computational time.)

Jared Conway

there are a bunch of videos on youtube and discussions about this on the internet, I think someone actually asked this just recently.

in flow your 2 options are to set a pressure difference and find out the flow rate or set a flow rate and a pressure and find the pressure on the flow end.

I would recommend thinking about how you will test this in the physical world and then set it up the same way based on information that you have.