1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2015 3:23 AM by Iftach Priel

dispatch -> delete file in folderpath

Mario Zahren

Hello,

I´m trying to delete a file in a specific Folderpath with dispatch.

e.g.

D:\vault\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\myFolder\Folder4\...

The Foldernames before and after "myFolder" are always different. If the File, I want to delete, is in any Folder under or in "MyFolder" then deleting should be possibel otherwise not.

So I´m trying to extract the string "myFolder" from the Folderpath like that:

IF %PathToSelectedFile% != %RootFolderPath%\%\myFolder\% NO_CASE THEN GOTO Exit

but it doesn´t work.

Thanks for help in advance.

Cheers

Mario

• Re: dispatch -> delete file in folderpath
          Iftach Priel

Hi Mario,

Yes, dispatch doesn't always like wildcards. No use trying * or $ either.

There is a way around it though. Its not very elegant, but it works:

1. Create a dispatch variable, type static string. Call it FindMyFolder (or anything else)
          2. In the value field type: Find(%PathToSelectedFile%,myfolder)
          3. In your jump command: IF %FindMyFolder% = -1 NO_CASE THEN GOTO Exit

That's it.

"find" looks for the location of a specific sub-string of characters (myfolder) inside a different string of characters (the path). It brings back a number, that represent the beginning of the sub-string (first character is 0). For example, find(Abracadabra,cad) will give you 4.

The nice thing is that if it can't find the sub-string at all, it brings back the value -1. This way you can use find as something similar to the contain and not contain we all like in conditions.

Hope this helps,

Iftach