5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2019 6:46 PM by Dave Nall

Can't Edit Auxilliary View Letter.

Nick Day

VERY strange. I have always been able to edit the label letter in section and auxiliary views, but I have created an auxiliary view that won't accept a letter edit.

There are NO other section or auxiliary views in this drawing.

I deleted and re-created the offending view.......twice. And came up with the same result.

I created a section view in the same drawing and can edit that letter just fine.

Re-started Solidworks (2008).

Re-started my pc.

Even changed out my keyboard.

Problem with the drawing template?

Nut loose on the keyboard?

Thanks!

• Re: Can't Edit Auxilliary View Letter.
          Jamil Snead

In System Options > Drawings near the bottom there is a check box for "Reuse view letters from deleted aux, detail and section views". I don't know if you have that checked or unchecked, but if you toggle it does it make a difference?

Nick Day

Jamil,

Thanks. That's precisely what I did. Worked fine, but I still wish that I could have figured out the problem.

Dave Nall

This seems to still be a BUG in 2018 SP 5 as I've run into it a couple of times.

Something in the text field is driving the coding problem.  When you attempt to type in the text field, new characters cannot populate the first character holders in the text field, you can, however "space" through the first 1 or two and then type.  Attempting to delete the spaces causes the same bug, where the cursor just loops through the text field without entering new letters.

No change to issue with "Reuse view letters from deleted aux, detail and section views" or "Next view label" in sheet properties.

I'd also love to see some functionality added where view labels automatically change and progress relative to sheet number.  So, the views are alphabetical as the sheets progress, even if the view was added after the fact.