8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 2:45 AM by Deepak Gupta

Missing part

Chris Scheer

I have a drawing.  It has a multi-body part in it.  I think the part's location has changed, and now, my part isn't showing up... Only dashed outlines (see attachment)

Is there a way to "re-path" my part into my drawing?  It isn't asking me to browse for it when I open the drawing.

• Re: Missing part
          Deepak Gupta

Close the drawing. Now go to open file dialog box and click once on the drawing. Then click on references and in the pop up window double click on the file name name. This will let you select the changed part location.

For the missing pop up window asking for finding the missing file, go to Tools > Options > System Options > Messages/Errors/Warnings, check the dismissed message that says file missing or something like that. Click OK and now open your drawing to see if you get the missing part window back.

Roger Ikonen

I found that using your messages/errors/warnings method I was able to get my part back in the print it disappeared from however that does not explain why it went blank to begin with;the file had never been moved and every other print still had all the components where they were supposed to be. I just had to reassociate the dangling dimensions (which were all the dimensions). This was the second time this has happened since updating to 2015, If it continues then I'll get a hold of my VAR and see what they say.

Roger

kk cheng

Use SolidWorks Explorer to move files, and you shouldn't see these re-path issues.

John Stoltzfus

Chris,

The part has been moved to another folder and the link isn't active anymore.  Find the part using Explorer and drop one view in the drawing, it can be off page, then right click one of the empty views and select open.  If that don't work, left click on one of the views select projected views and try to drag another view on to the page.  If that works, select the drawing views in the feature manager tree and select show.  If nothing works - the re-dimensions agh !!

Chris Scheer

I can't get any of these methods to work... So I'll just re-created the drawing.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong/on my end..

John Stoltzfus

Chris -

I had a large assembly that I needed to rename - but I did it in Microsoft Explorer and then when I opened the drawing there was nothing.  It took me a long time to undo all that trouble - but I kept trying and eventually figured a way out..

I find the SW Explorer being helplessly slow, way too slow to rename components, so I found that if you open the part while in the drawing you can do a save as and the link will remain.  I do that with small assemblies that I don't think it's worth doing a pack & go ....

Good luck