3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 9:44 AM by Ted Wessale

2015 - Not Responding

Mike Aaskov

Is anyone else experiencing a ridiculous amount of "Solidworks is not responding" when trying to execute fairly basic features? 2013 would do this occasionally if I was REALLY pushing it, but 2015 hangs up if you I look at it funny!

This is RIDICULOUS and does not inspire confidence in the upgrade... I am alone here?

Thanks,

Mike

• Re: 2015 - Not Responding
          Jeff Mirisola

Sadly, you're not alone. One thing that 2015 has needed more than any other release I can think of, is to update the graphics drivers. While this hasn't stopped the errors, it has lessened them.

• Re: 2015 - Not Responding
            Ted Wessale

I have only recently become a full time solidworks user (the past 2 years) but this is by far the most lag time (down time) I have had using any software.  I never use more than 20% of my RAM, never more than 8% of my processer...  but it is constantly making me wait for the program to respond.  The most simple drawings one sheet, a plan view and a couple sections with hidden lines removed is about 50MB and extremely slow.

I have spent weeks looking for solutions, but have found none that work.