4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 8:12 AM by Judy Wilson

reorder global variables list

Judy Wilson

in my list of global values, how can i rearrange the list of names?

I would like the global variables added later to be up at the top of the table instead of lower because i will vary them more often.

• Re: reorder global variables list
          Jim Wilkinson

Hi Judy,

If you want to reorder equations/global variables, you must turn off the automatic solve order option. See this help topic.

2015 SOLIDWORKS Help - Automatic Solve Order Option

I hope this helps,

Jim

Judy Wilson

how do i manually move the equations, i cannot seem to drag and drop.

I am supposed to retype the variables?

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Judy,

You can only do the reordering in the "ordered view" (the 4th button on the top with the 123 on it). Then Click the row header to select it, and then click and drag to move it. The order you set in the ordered view should also be reflected in the other two views that show global variables.

The reason we only allow reordering in the ordered view is because ALL equations (including the global variables) are solved sequentially based on the order in the ordered view. If you had global variables intermingled with other equations and we allowed you to re-order the global variables in their own sub-view, we wouldn't know where to place them amongst the rest of the equations. And global variables can have variables on their right hand side reference dimensions or even other global variables, so their order amongst other global variable and other equations can be very important.

Thanks,

Jim