1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2015 3:52 PM by John Burrill

My cropped view is suddenly invisible; when the crop is removed, view reappears.  What is going on?

Pam Johnson

I have several cropped views of a section views, have been using this method for months, and suddenly one out of multiple cropped views disappears every time the crop is applied.  I have tried deleting the sketch and using a different one (for lack of any other idea as to what is wrong.)  Any other suggestions as to what to try or what could be going wrong?  I'm using 2015 SP1.1 and have been for 2 or 3 months with no other issues with cropped views.

• Re: My cropped view is suddenly invisible; when the crop is removed, view reappears.  What is going on?
          John Burrill

With cropped views, you usually run into problems in two circumstances:  having your crop-sketch associated with the wrong view and having too many views int he drawing.

You can tell if the first situation is the case by expanding the view in the drawing tree and seeing if it has a crop icon on it.  If that's the case, delete the crop, double-click the view view you want to crop, redraw it and recrop it.

The second situation applies to just about any derived view type.  When you start going over 20 or so views in a drawing, section, detail and crop views will begin to drop out.

Combining crop and broken views can cause components to drop out.  Usually the answer is to edit the crop sketch and then exit out of it.