0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2015 5:03 PM by Jon Daub

How can I animate a material being cut?

Jon Daub

Hello! First off, I just want to thank every one in advance for their answers and responses.

So I am new to SW, but I have had about 3 years experience in Inventor just for the record SW blows Inventor out of the water. Anyway, my question is how can I animate a material being cut. Additionally, I would like to be able to manipulate that cut material independently from the source material. It's kind of hard to explain exactly what I'm trying to do, but after the material is fed in to the anvil and knife module (cylindrical parts), the piece of material follows the anvil until it is at the 6 o'clock position and is then released from the vacuum and brought to the next module. I would also like to be able to show the material being fed through the rollers in the machine (prior to being fed into the anvil). Right now, all I have is a long rectangular piece "of material" tangent to the anvil with a linear motor and the anvil on a rotary motor. Ive added a picture to help understand what it is im doing. I've done a lot of research and cannot find an answer. I think it has something to do with a "dynamic section cut" but I couldn't find any detailed information on that either. Hopefully you guys can figure it out! Thanks again!