4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 9:40 AM by Ethan Kay

Non PDM solutions for moving multiple Solidworks files at once while retaining links?

Jason Lantagne

Hello everyone,

I have a basic understanding of PDM software (although I have never worked with it) and I understand how I can move files individually with Solidworks Explorer as well. 

I would love to be using PDM software, but we have pleaded our case as a department on multiple occasions to acquire a PDM software but unfortunately there has been no action taken on it due to Implementation and budgetary concerns that have kept this from happening.  I doubt at this time that we will be making that move anytime soon.

So what I'm wondering is, are there any 3rd Party software solutions or plug ins aside from PDM that would allow me to move multiple files and still retain their links?

I'm working on a project now where I'm basically going through an entire product line and revising or creating new drawings and I've been asked to move old files into an "Obsolete" folder at the same time and keep only the most current versions visible.  This is going to take a long time if I'm going one file at a time with the Solidworks Explorer Move command.