3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 3:36 PM by Jared Conway

Free Rotor

Doron Schwartz

Is it possible to replace Free Rotor by Actuator Disc? I wanna define the increment in pressure and get from flow simulation all of the other parameters.

Thanks

• Re: Free Rotor
          Jared Conway

can you post a picture or similar?

what do you mean by replace free rotor by actuator disc? do you mean changing the model? setting it up differently?

Doron Schwartz

Hi,

You can see a picture in the internet under: "pictures of actuator disc".

The rotor suck the air ahead and by conservation of mass the  air wake exiting from the rotor should be more centered (the cross section area is smaller after the exit compere to the one ahead of it),

Now, I wanna replace the rotor by a disc which will simulate the action of the rotor. (When I defined a rotor, I made rotating region and specified rpm).

The air should flow through the disc, but I don't have the magnitude of the inlet flow. all I know is the different of pressure which the rotor give me. This pressure potential should cause a flow through the disc.

In bottom line I wanna change the model (the actuator disc is just an artificial mean to simulate the rotor action and simpler).

Thank you very much

Jared Conway

please post an image of an actuator disc, i am not finding anything that matches your description but i really don't know what i'm looking for.

also i'm not sure what your question is, replacing a component in an assembly is easy and will automatically be updated in your flow study