3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 2:30 PM by Keith Rice

events handle

Yang Hu

Hello, all. I'm a student, and I'm trying to make a tool to help people to learn how to use Solidworks creating models. Is there a way that the macro can get the information about what button the learner clicks, such as sketch button, feature button, extrude button, etc.

Thank you.

• Re: events handle
          Keith Rice

Yang,

There would be no easy way to do this. At best you could use OnIdleNotify to wait until something occurs, and then write code that investigates the selection that just occurred, but this would be a very time-consuming endeavor.

The best way to record what the user is doing is to use the macro recorder.

Why do you need to know what buttons the user clicks?

Keith

SolidWorks API Tutorials

Yang Hu

Hi Keith,

I want to make an AI agent to teach people using Solidworks to make 3D model. Like the agent can interrupt people if it found a mistake happened during the sketching process. Therefore, I want to know is there any way to detect which button the user clicked and let the agent to figure out whether the clicked button is correct one.

Yang

Keith Rice

I see. That would be very difficult to program, unfortunately. A simpler approach would be to wait until the user has created a body feature and then verify that the mass properties are correct.

Keith

SolidWorks API Training