4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 6:49 AM by Loui Leclerc

Transition "AND" condition

Todd Becker

EPDM 2014 SP4

I am struggling with conditions in my workflow.  Is the image below showing a "AND" condition where both need to be true in order for the file to move to the next state?

I keep reading in the admin guide on page 461 but can't get this to work.

AND.jpg

• Re: Transition "AND" condition
          Matthew Phaneuf

Hey Todd;

from the "Administering SW Enterprise PDM" training guide (the one you get from class) page 177:

Conditions Tab - Create conditions to define which files can pass through the transition

Variable - lists the conditions that prohibit the state change

Or - Create an OR container. By default all conditions must be true (AND). Use OR containers to group where the only condition must be true .

I would read this as yes.

I hope this helps.

MattP

Greg Rupp

Yes, this is an "AND" Statement. Remove the quotation marks from "Production"  = Production

Loui Leclerc

Yes, this is an "AND". As Greg said you should remove the quotation.

Also, If this is not done, I would recommend you use lists, or set your variables through a previous action (transition). this way you will prevent typos causing issues.

If you are still having issues, I think looking at your c-prodcontrolrelease would be next. Maybe it does not get set properly prior to this step.

Remember, your conditions must be met prior to doing an action, therefore if your c-prodcontrolrelease is being set in this transition it will never be found. You must set it in a prior transition.

Good luck