AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding features to a curved dome

Question asked by David Kelly on Feb 5, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 by David Kelly

Hi Guys,

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm very new to Solidworks (as in, a few hours).

I am trying to create a model of a kettle BBQ so I can make a cover for it. The kettle is basically just a steel shell with a handle and a cut-out flute with a cover, so only 3-4 parts total.

I have created the shell as shown below, by creating a profile from a picture and revolving that. I then mucked around for some time to get the flute holes in place and extrude them into the shell.

Now, I don't know how to make the cover for the flute (without spending days trying everything). I don't know if I need to start a new part first, and somehow export the required curves or what. The handle I think will be a bit easier because it sits dead centre, but will have some similar problems I guess.

Please just give me a hint of what direction is best to go in here. This piece already took me all day and my eyes are hurting! (if anyone wants bonus points, I have no idea at this stage of how to go about making a silicon cover for it).

Thanks in advance...

DK

Capture.PNG

Attachments

Outcomes