2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 11:54 AM by Keith Rice

I would like to know the visual basic codes required to set both the location and size of the main Solidworks window in my monitor area.

Stephen Hatch

I would like to know the visual basic codes required to set both the LOCATION and SIZE of the main Solidworks window in my monitor area.

I have dual monitors and want to make best use of the screens, to maximize the SW screen working area to my monitors.  I usually just stretch the main SW window to straddle the line border between the two monitors, with the Feature Manager window on the left monitor and the full working view maximized to fill the whole right monitor.  But whenever certain things happen (including the operating system's screen saver kicking in) it relocates and resizes the SW window.  And each time that happens I am left to manually relocate and resize the main SW window to where I wanted it.

(For years I have requested that the Feature Manager Window be able to be "torn off" from the main SW window, as other menus can be, so that the SW window could simply be maximized to fit one monitor, and the other support menus & windows (Feature Mgr & Command Mgr, etc) could be positioned on the other monitor.  In this way one full screen would be available for modeling.)

I received some help from Nathan Halcomb, who sent me a macro allowing me to redefine the width of the Feature Mgr. screen, so that I can consistently align that menu to the seam between the two monitors.

Please tell me the definitions/visual basic codes to use in order to reset both the location and the size of the main SW window.  Then I can combine it into a single macro and assign it to a keyboard shortcut or function key, to automatically resize and relocate them as I desire.

Thanks,

Steve