3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 2:36 PM by Mark Kaiser

Fillet Bug

Mark Bretton

Hi all,

Has anyone come across the following bug in the Fillet command in Solidworks 2015?

Whilst in the fillet command, I was using the mouse to rotate and zoom the model whilst selecting which edges to fillet. Whilst turning the mouse wheel to zoom in and out, I noticed that the Fillet size selection box was changing automatically if the curser was close to or hovering over the expanded feature tree. This also happens if you have the Solidworks window smaller than full screen and the curser strays out over the desktop. I was on a training course when this happened so my VAR was able to see it and he actually managed to replicate the bug on his machine!!

Mark

• Re: Fillet Bug
          Mark Kaiser

Mine only acts as you state if the fillet dimension box is active, click in it first.  This is how the fillet command comes up, so maybe you hit the fillet command, then started using the middle mouse wheel? 

Mark Bretton

Thanks for checking.

The dimension box is active on mine, as it should be, and when you place the curser over the model and turn the mouse button, it zooms in or out of the model, again as it should. However, if you position the curser above the feature tree in the model window, or stray outside of the Solidworks window and turn the mouse wheel, then instead of the model zooming in or out, the dimension box changes and the fillet preview adjusts instead. Surely this is not normal.

Mark Kaiser

Consider it a freebie functionality, 2 for the price of 1 .  I bet you'll find some people think it's a bug, and some people like the functionality.  Why not have it perform one function when it's in the graphics window, and another when it's not?