6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 9:54 AM by Tyler Holden

DXF PDF Macro help

Tyler Holden

Greetings!  I saw you developed the PDF DXF Macro (Macro to export drawings to PDF and DXF (SW 2014) but including the revision?))

I was hoping you could help me with something regarding this macro.

When i export using the macro, the revision followed by the description is placed onto the file that is exported.  Im trying to get it to have the PART# followed by the revision.

So it would go (example) 100359 REV A

I would also like to have the macro export the files and place them in a folder that i specify, i didnt see that functionality anywhere.

What do i need to do to edit the macro to achieve these results?  If you could edit the macro and send it to me that would be greatly appreciated! or if you could show me exactly what should be done to the macro that would work too.

Thanks much!

--

Tyler Holden

Engineer

Quad-M Inc.

tholden444@gmail.com

• Re: DXF PDF Macro help
          Deepak Gupta

Tyler Holden wrote:

So it would go (example) 100359 REV A

The macro use part number, revision and description property from the model used in the drawing. So when you say Part #, then is that a property you need OR the referenced model file name Or the drawing file name.

Also where to use the revision information from; model or drawing?

I would also like to have the macro export the files and place them in a folder that i specify, i didnt see that functionality anywhere.

Also when you mean you want tp specify the path/folder for save then do you want to keep that fixed OR want a browse option every time you use that macro?