4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 1:25 AM by Adrian Ilie

uSW2015/"Assembly not up to date"

Iain Hendry

I can't figure this one out, but I hope it's a simple/stupid question!

We just upgraded to SW2015 SP1.1.  Used to be that when working in assembly, if I opened a part, modified it, and went back to the assembly, I had my settings configured in such a way that my assembly automatically rebuilt.  Now, I get this:

Up to Date.jpg

I've gone through every option I can think of (including bringing back any dismissed messages), and nothing seems to make this go away... I just want it to automatically rebuild the assembly no matter what.

Any ideas?

• Re: uSW2015/"Assembly not up to date"
          Jeff Mirisola

Do you see anything in the assembly tree that needs to be rebuilt?

Iain Hendry

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question. My scenario could be that I have an assembly, for example, with a cube drawn. I go edit the cube part and change a dim. I come back to the assembly and get the message shown above, and the cube is displayed with its old shape. I push Ctrl-Q, and it jumps to the new size. In 2014, it used to do this automatically when switching windows. Why did this behaviour change in 2015 and how can I get it back?

Adrian Ilie

Hi Iain,

I think you have dismissed one message that appears when switch back to assy: 'Models contained within the assembly have changed. Would you like ...'.

To restore a suppressed message, click Tools > Options > System Options > Messages/Errors/Warnings, and under Dismissed messages, select the message you want to restore.

This msg appears when you need a rebuild, and it has an option 'Don't show me again'. In your case, you check this option (Don't show me again) and click No at msg (You don't want to rebuild) ... so, every time you will see the Traffic Light with this msg.

Thanks,

Adrian