2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 8:27 AM by Marquis Leblanc

tab activation in feature manager

Marquis Leblanc

Hi everyone,

I need your help on this please ( maybe it's just too obvious, and i'm just overlooking it ... )

I already have control of the split pane position of the Feature Manager via a macro tied

to a keyboard shortcut....   and it's working fine since a longtime ago...

but i never figured out how to have the full control on wich tab is activated...

Can someone help me on this... ?

( i'm using SW2013, macros in VBA )

FeatMgrTabs.jpg

• Re: tab activation in feature manager
          Keith Rice

Why are you trying to control this with the SolidWorks API in the first place?

The only way to activate many commands using the API is via ISldWorks::RunCommand. Please see my blog post on that topic.

You will want to search swCommands_e for keywords related to what you're doing, like "property" or "pane", etc.

Keith

SolidWorks API Tutorials

• Re: tab activation in feature manager
              Marquis Leblanc

... the goal is ...   when i want it to,  split the feature manager into two panes

show it  1 / 4,   1 / 2,  3 / 4,  or else...  ( that already works fine ...)

...but 90% of the time, i like the two panes to show the

feature tree on the upper 3/4, and the properties pane ( to show the constraints )

on the lower 1/4    ....

BUT,  every once in a while, the lower pane keeps on resuming to show

the feature tree again ... ( showing the feature tree twice is rarely usefull .. )

i want to have full control on what each pane shows ...