2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 4:51 PM by Roger Pullen

How can I make a drawings of specific bodies inside a part?

Arthur Loginow

Hello, so far I use detailing view or I create configurations deleting all the bodies of the part but those I want to show, I am sure that there must be a better way to draw specific bodies from a part. Hopefully someone will able to give me a hand with it

• Re: How can I make a drawings of specific bodies inside a part?
          Paul Cullen

Hi Arthur

You do not need to create configurations of each body inside your part

If you have a multi body part when you are importing your part into your drawing use the "select bodies" function to select the body or bodies that you want to show

part1.JPG

when you click on "select bodies" SW will bring you back to your part file where you can select the body or bodies that you want

part2.JPG

when you select the green check icon you will then be brought back to your drawing where you can then place your view

part3.JPG

If you ever want to change the body or bodies that you want to show you can select the view in the drawing sheet and then click the select bodies to again select which bodies or bodies you want

part4.JPG

Hope this helps

Paul

• Re: How can I make a drawings of specific bodies inside a part?
              Roger Pullen

Hi Arthur

I use multibody parts a lot. I have tried several methods over the past few years such as the one mentioned above by Paul Cullen.  I have also tried using the "Save Bodies" command, saving each body as a file name and then drawing them.  I have tried creating configurations using delete bodies also.   I find the above methods work well but the one I find quickest and easiest to get the correct orientation of the body into my drawing is using the "relative view" command.  The method is as follows.

1.  Leave your multibody part open

2.  Create a new drawing or a new drawing sheet ready for your drawing of the first body

3.  Tile horizontally but remain in the drawing

4.  Click or select the "Relative View" icon.  (Suggest setting this up on the shortcut toolbar which appears when you click "s")

5.  Now click in the widnow which contains the multibody part

6.  Maximise the window

7.  Under "scope" in the feature tree select "Selected bodies"

8.  Think about how you want your body to appear in the drawing.  Which will be the front and top faces.  Now click on the face of the body to be drawn that you want to be the front.  Note what happens in the feature tree in the green box.

9.  Now click on the face of the body to be drawn that you want to be the top.  Note what happens in the feature tree in the pink box.

10.  Hit the tick (check) symbol.

11.  Click on the drawing sheet where you want the view to be.

12  Now proceed with your projected views off this view.

13.  If I want an iso or pictorial view I would Paul Cullen's method for that view only.

14.  Repeat the above steps for each body.

If you are not already using this method give it a try.  I hope you find it useful.  Be aware of problems with threads appearing and disappearing which I have raised on the forum previously.

(Threads missing in drawings - creating relative views of individual bodies of a multibody part )

Regards

Roger