3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 9:46 AM by Clyde Gibson

Edit Datacards While Offline

Clyde Gibson

I have a user that wants to take a EPDM laptop home and work offline, but whenever you go off line you can no longer edit the datacards. Is there a way to do this?

Note: I could not find my same problem in the forums before so if this was already asked please point me to it.

• Re: Edit Datacards While Offline
          Marco Mintchev

Hi,

I am quite new to EPDM so I'm not sure this is going to work on your side.

I could do something to a SW part which resulted in changed data card. I opened the part in SolidWorks in offline mode. In File>Properties I change the custom properties and saved the file. When I got back online I saw the new data in the card. There are several ways of changing custom properties to multiple SW files so you should be able to do this to a bunch of files.

I don't know however how this could be done to Word or AutoCAD file for example.

Hope this helps.

ciao

Marco

Clyde Gibson

Our solidworks drawings would not work in this fashion as we do not use custom properties in them (Multi-part, multi-sheet is not compatable with current solidworks properties). I have my Autocad files working correctly and have it tied to the titleblock. We do not use word documents for anything that needs a card. My user is calling our VAR but with most of our issues they usually say it is not possible, then I come on the forums and find out it is possible.

Clyde Gibson

It looks like that this cannot work because the data cards and the search tool are tied to the database not the files. I guess we will have to get it working over our FTP site.