1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2015 7:41 PM by Prasad Bhonsule

Lost ability to move files when upgraded to EPDM 2015.

Eddie Pellegrin

I'm starting a new thread on this issue because the one I found was marked as answered when the solution leaves a lot to be desired. Before the upgrade, we had the ability to move files that were in a specific state (Under Editing), and we didn't have to ability to move files that were in a specific state (Released). However, after the upgrade, although the permissions were never changed, we now cannot move the files in the Under Editing state, unless we have rights to move files that are in the Released state. Why, because the file that is in the Under Editing state was at one time in the Released state and you now have to have permissions to all the historical states that a file had been through in order to move it in its current state.

Now, there is a check box that states "Ignore all previous historical states" or something along those lines, but like in the thread here posted at the end of this paragraph, that check box does not solve the issue. The only way we have found is to give rights to every state that file has previously been in, which then unlocks the move function to files that are currently in the Released state (Not good at all). I submitted an SPR however SolidWorks told me this was a VAR issue and I needed to get with them. I'm guessing that they are basically telling me it's a Workflow issue not a SolidWorks issue. Maybe this is true, but I wanted to see if anyone out there had this issue and figured out how to solve it.

File Move Not Working In EPDM 2015