5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 10:06 PM by John Sweeney

SW2015-Lasso

Colin Fitzpatrick

Who's bright idea at SW was to design a "Lasso Selection" tool and set it as a default? There's a radio box under "Options" to set the default back to "Box Selection", but doesn't keep it as a default the next time SW is opened.

• Re: SW2015-Lasso
          Deepak Gupta

Works fine for me on SW2015 SP 1.1. What SP you're running. Not sure but are you referring to API codes for setting it up as you've posted it under API section.

Open a new file and set the desired option. Now save that file, close SW and restart. Check now if the option is retained.

Colin Fitzpatrick

SW2015 SP1.1.

Yes, that method does work, but would have too change all my company templates and over 10,000 assemblies, parts and drawings.

You need to remember this is a "System" setting not a "Document" setting. I tried the "Copy Settings Wizard" and that does not work. I consider this a bug.

Where does this post belong?

Thank you,

Colin

Deepak Gupta

Colin Fitzpatrick wrote:

SW2015 SP1.1.

Yes, that method does work,

Dumb question but did you tried checking other files if they've retained the setting while you did that on one file (I think they should).

Where does this post belong?

It should be under User Interface Use move discussion on the right side to move this thread to UI area.

Seth Renigar

Colin,

We just upgraded to SW2015 SP0.0 (from SW2013).  I am seeing the same thing you are.  This is a system setting.  I change it to use Box select as the default.  However, the next time I open SW, the system setting has reverted back to this Lasso select, which I don't like.

I too consider this a bug.  Have you figured out a way to get this system setting to "stick"?  Or, has this been fixed in later SPs?