We did a test run last night of moving the current 2014 SQL/database from a separate server to the archive server. (Can't upgrade the existing SQL from 2005 on current server for other reasons)
We used the instructions in the guide on how to move it: installation, database/table(s) backup, and registry modifications.
Restored both the EPDM database and the ConisioMasterDb to the Archive Server (Where both will be housed moving forward)
Installed the Database Service to the current Archive Server
Took the old SQL Server offline
Modified the registry settings.
Did an IP search for the server name in the registry so we could ensure we didn’t miss anything.
Started the services
When that didn’t work we rebooted the server
Here are the locations we changed and one more under current user for the client application:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > SOLIDWORKS > Applications > PDMWorksEnterprise > MailService
Any and all suggestions would GLADLY be welcomed.
I asked my VAR ahead of time for any issues that could arise that wasn't listed in the guide and all they did was email me the Installation Guide. As if I didn't already have that.