8 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2007 5:44 PM by Tom Hayward

Revision Control PDMWE

Tim Turpin
      What is the best and most efficient way to bump or insert a revision within PDMWE to a legacy file which is being added to PDMWE?

Currently our revision scheme setup goes as A0, A1, A2 ... A9, B0, B1... and also has a secondary rev as A1.1, A1.2 etc.

When I bring in a legacy file which is currently at C4, the revision is intially set at A0 then I have to Increment Revision 24 times to bring it up to C4. There has to be a better, more efficient way. Additionally, each one of these increment creates/saves history thus all 24 revs. 50M assembly now use 1.2G of space.

Any suggestions? Is there a utility that can bump from A0 to C4, or set initally at C4?

Thanks for time and support,

Tim...
        • Revision Control PDMWE
          Jeff Mirisola
          Tim,
          You should be able to set the Rev at check in. If your custom properties dialogue has the rev at C4, you should be able to choose 'Read from file' in the drop down box from the check-in dialogue box.
            • Revision Control PDMWE
              Tim Turpin
              Jeff,

Unsure as to what you are referring, as within PDMWE I don't find a drop down box at check in. Might this be in PDMW Workgroup?

Also, my custom porperties populate the data folder correctly. File will show rev C4 upon check in and also the state Eng Design. Next we push the file through the workflow and onto a Released state. It is at this state where PDMWE stamps the revision and our issue occurs. PDMWE always starts at the initial A0 when we set the major revision and then we need/are forced to increment to C4 (in this case incrementing 24 times to bring it to C4).

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tim...