AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drawing view model and active configurations

Question asked by Michael Caulton on Jan 11, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 by Adam Hoffman

Hi,

I am trying to get the referenced configurations of the child parts in a drawing view but it is not working as expected.

Dim RootModel As SldWorks.ModelDoc2 = swView.ReferencedDocument - Gets the modeldoc for the current view

Dim sConfig = swView.ReferencedConfiguration - Gets the configuration name of the active view, works for both part and assembly files

I then try and use the code below to get the child components if the view is of an assembly.

Dim AllComp As Object = swView.ReferencedDocument.GetComponents(False)

'Fill out config name and if profile lists

For i = 0 To UBound(AllComp)

sTempConfig = AllComp(i).ReferencedConfiguration

Debug.Print(i.ToString + " " + AllComp(i).ReferencedConfiguration + " " + AllComp(i).GetSuppression.ToString)

Next

If the view is unchanged from when drawing was first opened it works fine and the data makes sense. if the view has been changed using "swView.ReferencedConfiguration = sConfig". the data no longer makes sense as it still reflects the original models data.

Why am I not getting the correct data? All I want is the suppression state and configuration name of the child parts in the drawing view.

Outcomes